Find the Latest Information and Resources Here
Thank you for your interest in the Net Zero Carbon Events Initiative. On this page you will find all the latest information and resources for participants.
PHASE 2 | Development of the Roadmap
The Roadmap is currently under development, and the objective is to have it ready in October/November 2022, for the COP27 meeting.
Approach for the Development of the Roadmap:
• Mapping the carbon emissions of an event
• Guidance for calculating the carbon footprint of an event
• Opportunities and goals for carbon reduction
• Guidance for offsetting of residual emissions
• Making credible Net Zero claims and interim milestones
• Collaboration with other industries
1 | Desk research – November/February
2 | Industry engagement for input – November/March
3 | Drafting and reviews of Roadmap – March/August
4 | Roadmap finalization, design and communication – September/October
1 and 2 overlap and their output will attempt to answer the following questions:
• What are the main sources of emissions that relate to events?
• How are they / can they be measured?
• Where do they fall within scope 1, 2, 3 of the various stakeholders?
• How should they be prioritized?
• What actions can be taken to reduce the emissions from those sources?
• What kind of timeline are we looking at for getting to Net Zero with each?
• What industry solutions/initiatives are needed?